Kayla Itsines. BBG. #TheKaylaMovement, #KaylasArmy, #DeathByKayla.
I’m talking about the newest fitness craze, the Kayla Itsines 12 week bikini body guide! If you haven’t heard of it, just hop on Instagram and witness the incredible before and after photos Kayla shares. I’ve completed the guide and am ready to share my before and after, along with the good, the bad and the ugly (photos included) of Kayla’s bikini body program!
What Is It?
The Kayla Itsines BBG (bikini body guide) is a 12 week fitness program available as a digital download (PDF). The program consists of 28 minute workouts that are split up in 7 minute circuits. Each week you complete the legs, arms and ab focused workouts along with designated stretching and cardio. The guide was created for woman, to help them achieve “the look and feel of a strong, lean, and sexy physique”. Here’s a sample of BBG week 1 day 1!
- Everything is laid out for you! The 12 week guide is super comprehensive and easy to follow which helps you build a steady work out routine. There’s even a glossary included that explains how to correctly do each exercise.
- No gym needed! The only equipment required is a bench, jump rope, dumbbells and a medicine ball (I just use a dumbbell).
- Quick and to the point! Since each work out is broken down in 7 minute intervals, it goes by fast! It is a high intensity work out in under 30 minutes, I mean who doesn’t have time for that?
- Strong is the new skinny! The way the exercises are set up, you really target every muscle and grow stronger with each week. It proves you can build your muscles and still stay lean!
- Community! There is a huge community of BBG girls! Tons of Instagrams to follow for motivation, just hashtag #DeathByKayla and you’ll immediately have the world’s greatest support group.
- Cost. These guides are an investment. But since it’s digital, you can print it out, pull it up on your phone or iPad, you can always have it with you!
- High expectations. With so many Kayla Itsines success stories, it’s hard not to expect 6-pack abs upon completing week 12. Every body is different, some girls follow Kayla’s nutrition plan while other girls see better results after completing the second guide (weeks 13-25). I’ll show you my before and after below!
- Commitment. Surprise, surprise! Another work out program that requires a commitment of consistency. It’s tough to stay motivated with any program but when you do, it’s always worth it, plus you can always read my 7 tips to help you stay motivated!
- It’s hard. Like really really hard. And we all know we hate when working out is hard. But, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right?
- You’ll learn how out of shape you are. Who knew 15 push ups could be so difficult? Luckily, the program is set up to gently challenge you as you ease into a higher level of intensity.
- Holding yourself accountable. There’s no personal trainer here to make sure you complete your circuits. It’s just you and the BBG guide. Something that helps me stay on track is sending snapchats to my friends to check in after I complete each work out.
- #DeathByKayla is a real thing. You will sweat. Alot. More than you thought was possible in 28 minutes. Just see the proof in these beautiful snapchats below, yes the ones I send to my friends…
Grand Finale: My BBG Before and After
Disclaimer: I did not change my diet much during the 12 weeks. I do believe I would have seen greater results had I eaten healthier (aka not queso, beer and chips). Although my results weren’t drastic, I definitely saw a difference in my body and am proudly starting the 2nd BBG! Stay tuned for that review!
Hopefully this BBG review helped! I would definitely recommend joining #TheKaylaMovement and trying her bikini body guide! I love having a program that tells me everything I need to do. Do you know anyone who has tried the Kayla work out? I’d love to hear any of your comments below! Like always, be sure to follow me on Instagram (@karolina_b) and follow Sunkissed Way on Facebook!