Happy 2018! New year, new goals right? Whether you’re into new year’s resolutions or not, you can’t help but feel the energy that comes with a new year! It can feel like a fresh start, a perfect time to hit reset or just a moment to reflect on yourself and the past year. Personally, I love revisiting my goals, creating new ones and thinking about where I’ve been and where I want to be. This time around I wanted to pick a word for the year, an overall theme that will set the tone for 2018 and help me stay focused on decisions and goals that encompass this word.
My word for 2018 is CONFIDENCE.
2017 was a year full of change…work life, relationships and moving to a new country! Even though all these changes were filled with growth, I noticed my self-esteem (understandably) take a few dips along the way. Which is why my word for 2018 is confidence. It’s not just about “becoming more confident”, it’s about the different layers that make up confidence; Growth, Compassion, Vulnerability.
For me, confidence means focusing on things that bring me joy and help me grow (which go hand in hand for me). Things like prioritizing self-care, making time for hobbies, seeking out opportunities that push me to progress and really continue to step outside of my comfort zone in every situation.
Confidence also means self-compassion and being aware of how I not only view myself, but view others too. Less comparison, less criticism, MORE POSITIVE PERCEPTIONS (of myself and of others).
I want to be confident in my intuition, my strengths, qualities, passions and areas for improvement. There’s a level of vulnerability that I want to explore and I think a big part of that will mean focusing less on what others may think and more on how I feel.
So as I venture into 2018, “confidence” will be top of mind in the resolutions that I mentioned as well as all the other resolutions I’ve come up with!
- Consistency is Key – xx comes in waves, I want to be consistent about my goals and motivations
- Meditate – I started mediating in 2017 and loved it, it works, just need to make it a daily thing.
- Let Go of Perfection – Sometimes done is better than perfect.
- Stop Comparing – Comparison really is the thief of joy.
- Read More – I have so many books I
wantneed to make time for!
- Be Vulnerable – Care less. Share, do and experience more!
- Spend Less, Save More – Time to grow that savings $$$
- Understand my Skin – Figure out what works (products, food, etc) so I can wake up with even skin tone every day.
- Drink More Water – I would love to make this a habit.
- Keep Traveling – The Amalfi Coast is definitely on my list for 2018.
- Laugh, Learn and Love Even More.
What are your new year’s resolutions? Thank you for reading, hope you guys had a great 2017, wishing you an even more amazing 2018!